21 Inspirational Quotes That Will Rock Your Day
August is a funny month to me. I have one foot still hanging out and basking in the slower, less routine oriented days of summer and the other firmly planted in getting back “on track” with the usual rhythm of business and school schedules, plus finishing my plans to end the year on a high note.
For the times when my to-list looks taller than I am or I’m-just-not-feeling-it, the following mantras and quotes snap me back to a more positive outlook.
1. You did not wake up today to be Mediocre.
2. Keep Your Commitment to Your Commitments – Les Brown
3. Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -Margaret Lee
4. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
5. “Your playing small does not serve the world.” Marianne Williamson
6. “The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees The Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” -Winston Churchill
7. A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison.
8. Man Is born to live not to prepare to live. -Boris Pasternak
9. “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.”
10. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Hellen Keller
11. If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. – Katharine Hepburn.
12. ’Restore connection’ is not just for devices, it is for people too. If we cannot disconnect, we cannot lead. Creating the culture of burnout is opposite to creating a culture of sustainable creativity. This is something that needs to be taught in business schools. This mentality needs to be introduced as a leadership and performance-enhancing tool.” — Arianna Huffington,
13. “We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist.” — Queen Victoria, Former Queen of the United Kingdom
14. “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘How far can I push the company forward in the next 24 hours?’” — Leah Busque, Task Rabbit
15. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” — Amy Poehler, actress
16. “Many women live like it’s a dress rehearsal. Ladies, the curtain is up and you’re on.” — Mikki Taylor Essence Magazine
17. “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” — Ginni Rometty, IBM
18. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” Richard Branson
19. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage and tangled Christmas tree lights.” Maya Angelou
21. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” — Peter Drucker