6 REASONS YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY OR SELL A HOME WITHOUT AN AGENT
Buying or selling a property is a major life event, and one that’s best facilitated with the right help of a qualified professional. When it comes to the real estate, you should never chance it, you need to have a professional by your side. Selling or buying a property is a colossal investment and there are some simple mistakes which can end up costing you lots of money. Not using a qualified, professional real estate agent in your real estate dealings can cost you a lot later. Whether you are selling or buying a property, here are 6 reasons why you should never buy or sell a home without a real estate agent;
1. Expertise You might have probably noticed that the real estate world has its’ very own language, which is made of all kinds of jargons and acronyms, which you have never heard of before. Well, a real estate agent is very fluent in this kind of coded language, and knows all the ins and outs of the real estate world. Without an agent by your side, you might make many misconceptions which can mislead you, and greatly cost you.
An agent’s expertise is also very necessary for all the documentation that’s involved in selling and buying of a home; reports, forms, disclosures, and many other technical documents; which are needed to close the deal and in turn will be much better handled by a real estate agent. In addition, the professional agent will help you avoid delays and costly mistakes.
2. Supercharged Searching Power Realtors® have greater access to databases and listings, which aren’t accessible to the general public. An agent can help you easily find opportunities not listed on the home search websites and can also help you avoid the out of date listings that may show up as available online, yet they’re no longer available. An agent can also help you identify and find the great hidden gems.
3. Negotiating Edge Any time you want to sell or buy a property, you are going to most certainly encounter very heated negotiations. Agents have a vast experience when it comes to such negotiations. An agent will help you evaluate all the pros and cons of each particular offer and counteroffer you receive. Actually, there are 100s of points in the listing agreement which should be negotiated; and if the negotiations are not done in a smart manner, you might end up losing thousands of dollars. For instance, an agent can help you draw a proper purchase agreement which allows adequate time for any inspections, contingencies and any other thing that is important to your particular individual needs.
4. Connections Real estate agents have lots of connections that may greatly benefit a seller and a buyer. Agents work with lots of people who are involved in real estate transactions, including mortgage brokers, attorneys, loan officers, home stagers, inspectors, construction, interior designers, and many others. If you need a particular service or you’ve got a problem, the agent has the necessary contacts to help you select the right one for the task at hand.
Well, not only do the agents know other professionals in the field, they also greatly widen your pool of potential clients (when you’re selling.) They know many other agents who are working with buyers who might be looking for a home like yours.
5. Ethical Treatment Every real estate agent must adhere to a set strict code of ethics, that’s based on professionalism, integrity and protection of public. As a realtor’s client, you can always expect honest, ethical and professional treatment in all the transaction related matters. The first obligation is always to the client. This helps insure that you are not being taken advantage of. Moreover, a real estate agent will keep your sale legal and honest by reviewing the disclosures, handling the legal issues and keeping everybody involved in the deal up to speed.
6. All Rounded Guides A real estate agent can serve as your sage parent, your data analyst, your therapist, and more; all rolled into one. Buying or selling a property is stressful, usually requires jumping through a lot of hoops. The right real estate agent will help you through all of them, and will make sure you get the best possible deal. For instance, your agent will drive around, checking out the listings for you; spend money marketing your home (if you are selling) and do research to make sure you are getting the best possible deal. Not to mention, they are working for you almost all round the clock.
Annie Freed is a Founding Global Lifetime member and President of FemCity Raleigh. You can reach Annie via www.AnnieFreed.com, voice: 919-701-2201 and email: Annie.Freed@BHHSYSU.com.