1. Login and change your username – this is the text after the @ sign [nothing to do with your login]. Choose a username to help people locate your business. Ex: Name is Violette de Ayala Username is : @violettedeayala
2. Once in your profile, click on edit to choose your city from the dropdown menu. This will help people locally find you and your business. Ex. Miami
3. Add your industry. This will help people find your business when they search your specific services/products.
4. Create your biography. You can use the one you use on LinkedIn. Perhaps you can add a Call to Action and a Deal you would like to extend to your fellow FEMS. Ex. Mention Femfessionals and receive 15% off your next purchase.
5. Add your social media links. Please be sure to copy and paste the entire social media link so that it is clickable. This will help to increase followers and help others find your business.
6. Have a new editorial mention in the latest Oprah Magazine? Published your most recent article in HuffPost? Post directly from your dashboard [click Post Event or Content].
7. Working with a local charity this season? Have a new book tour? Post your events on your community calendar via your membership dashboard [click Post Event or Content].
8. Loving our new Business Classroom? Contribute and share your podcast, webinars, with links back to you and your business.
9. Want to be known as a Community FEM expert? Create a group and offer tips to other FEMS. Ex. Social Media, Public Relations….
10. Locate your local community on our new site and connect privately with other local Business Members.
* Global Members: Please find our Global Group page and join us for our monthly round table discussions. Next topic is Investors 101.