Fitness tips for 2018
I’m back on the fitness regimen after a few weeks of holiday eating and more holiday eating. I started my routine of clean eating and hitting the gym daily.
Did I feel like going today? Not really. I took a Barre class yesterday and can barely walk. But I went. And did my 10 miles. It was great! And I’ll be back tomorrow in Pilates class.
Some of you have asked for fitness tips for 2018.
Here are some tips :
1. Your mind will tell you “it’s too early”, “you’re too busy”, “you can skip it today”, or “you’ll start tomorrow”. Get dressed and show up! Just go before your brain convinces you to quit.
2. When you show up to the gym or fitness class, be present and give it your 100%. Don’t text while spinning. Don’t cheat by doing less squats. Give it 100%! That extra makes a difference. Don’t intentionally hold yourself back or give it less than what you’ve got.
3. Make it an unbreakable appointment in your calendar. It’s a meeting that is just as important as a doctors appointment or one to meet out friends. Put yourself first. Your health is everything. You’re not allowed to break an appointment with your fitness time.
4. Create a fitness plan that you love! Sign up for classes that make you smile. Tennis, Zumba, walk in the park. Make sure you love it! If you hate running, there are other options. Open the door and walk … it’s as simple as that sentence.
5. Move your body daily. Dance while you cook, walk while you talk on the phone, move your body as much as you can through out the day. It’ll make you so happy. The body loves to move!
Make 2018 the year you stuck it out, improved your wellness and had more fun while getting on your fitness vibe. It’ll help all areas of your life … now stop reading this and go out for a walk.
Violette is the Founder of FemCity // an online global network featuring business and lifestyle trends with over 70 local communities designed exclusively for women. Violette is also a business coach, motivational speaker, small business consultant, writer and mother of three. As a serial entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience, Violette is passionate about supporting women entrepreneurs through business growth, big vision strategies and positivity along the way. She has been quoted in Success, Entrepreneur, MSNBC, and Mashable. She has been seen in People, InStyle, and Real Simple Magazines. For more inspiration and business tips, visit www.femcity.com and www.violettedeayala.com. Follow Violette de Ayala // @violettedeayala