HOMEOWNERS | STAGING IN THE SPRING
Most professional home stagers will tell you that the basic principles remain the same throughout the year—keep things clean, clutter free and colorful; however, the springtime has its own special set of rules.
There are a number of things you can do inside and out to take advantage of the beautiful weather:
- Replace the drapery panels in a home or office.
- Add splashes of color to your porch with potted flowers. Larger pots filled with tulips or daisies and accented with greenery makes a nice touch. By introducing seasonal colors to the outside, your home becomes very attractive to prospective home buyers.
- Bring spring colors into a home with accessories like throw pillows, area rugs, artwork, towels and bedspreads. If you change accessories, the whole house changes.
- Use decorative knick-knacks that speak of spring, such as pears, eggs, and seashells. Add leafy patterns in fabrics and wicker. Use real leather and rusted metal as contrasts.
- All rooms are important. There are ways to liven up each as the spring season blooms. You want the buyer to absorb the whole house, not just one or two staged rooms, so it’s important to create a cohesive design.
And how about the great outdoors?
- Remove fallen leaves and dead plants.
- Add bright, new flora where you can.
- Manicure your foliage by a slim trim of bushes and hedges.
- Scour outdoor furniture.
- Sweep porches and patios.
Indeed, Spring brings more buyers, maximize on your opportunities and take advantage of all the Season has to offer!
Connect with Annie via email at Annie.Freed@BHHSYSU.com, Voice or Text at 919-701-2201 or website www.AnnieFreed.com
Making Your American Dream Come True With Freed.™