Social Media Tips for Small Businesses
Now that the new year has come and gone, how much thought have you given to your social media for your business? Are you aware how social media can help grow your business?
The first thing you must understand about social media is that it’s about building the KNOW, LIKE & TRUST of your followers. You want people to know there is a human being behind your brand.
The other thing you should understand is that people are talking about your brand, your products or services, your competitors, whether you like it or not. Instead of ignoring these conversations, wouldn’t you want to jump in and have a say in where that conversation goes? If someone complains about your brand, wouldn’t you want to know why so you can improve on it for the future?
Planning on how to use social media to support your business is like creating the blueprint to your dream home. It’s essential to design your dream home right. When you design it, it is designed to suite your preferences and needs. Similarly, you can think about your social media the same way – there are people you want to attract and with whom you want to interact with. That means you need custom designed and inviting places where they feel comfortable connecting with you online. Each social network has its own culture, best practices and purpose. Think of each social network you use as a different room in your dream home that you need to plan and design for its specific purpose.
Here are some quick and easy strategies you can implement right now!
- Build your connections by looking at the profiles of 10-20 of your ideal customers over breakfast, lunch or in the evening and repeat this daily.
- Start the conversation by adding a personal message before hitting that connect button or send a thank you message when you accept someone’s invitation to connect. Again, it’s about building that KNOW, LIKE & TRUST.
- Publish articles because it allows you to further establish your professional identity by sharing your expertise.
- Share videos because it can communicate a story better than anything else. According to Post Planner, there are over 4 billion video views per day on Facebook.
- Engage with your audience by asking questions, posting lighthearted or humorous content, showing her personal side or sharing inspirational quotes.
- Create a Cover Photo for your business page that showcases a product you are selling or an event you are promoting. Make sure to include a Call-to-Action on the photo.
- Since you can’t share people’s posts through Instagram, download the app Repost. Through this app, you can share other people’s posts. This will come in handy when you are stuck on what to share.
- Engage with your followers by posting regular and responding to comments and questions.
- Include hashtags (#) so you are found easier. Use hashtags that are relevant to your post and your business.
If you are still stuck on how to move forward with your social media, schedule a 30-minute Discovery Session with me by visiting http://savvysocialmedia.setmore.com.